Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Apple Festival 2008

My family is from a small town in Upper East Tennessee, called Erwin. It is a beautiful place nestled in a little valley amongst the Appalachian mountains. Every year, thousands of people converge upon Erwin for the Unicoi County Apple Festival. Many of these folks come to collect the famous Clinchfield Pottery, which can be very valuable. I had family members who worked at the pottery, and I treasure my small collection as a family heirloom. Anyway, there is the usual 'festival' stuff to do...plenty of crafters, music, food, activities for kids, and of course, apples! In fact, that was Caroline's main goal..."Get an apple...Eat it." And so she did, skin and all. I had one bite, and it had to be one of the sweetest apples I've ever tasted! Here she is taking in some clogging. The look on her face is hilarious!



If you look closely in this one, you can still see the remnants of apple and funnel cake on her face! What a sweetie.




As a really nice end to the day, we had a family reunion of sorts at my Mammaw Wilson's church. It was really great to see everyone and catch up a bit on life. I loved hearing the stories of my Great-Grandmother Masters, and the legacy that she has handed down. This picture is my dad (on the left) and his sister and brother, Lana and Terry.



Love to my whole Wilson family! We look forward to seeing you all again at Thanksgiving!

-Beth

No comments: